BLOG DESIGN - Big Thanks to Ugly Club member Graham Schneider for the righteous pixel art! Graham is working on a retro game concept and other radness - have look at his current site where he's sharing his work!


Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Rare BEAST - THE BLOG POST on the RT Blog!!!!

 

HELLO HELLO! It's LUCKY BAG SEASON!

Well, the last time I posted on the blog was over a year ago... Since then, COVID has vanished and we are all living in the Utopia we have been waiting for... Oh wait - no - that's not right at all!  Boooo...

Anyway, the epic saga of a world enshrouded in pandemic woes continues. I mean, sure, some people are flying all over willy nilly and fancy free - but that's not me. I'm saving it for when I can actually enjoy the flight to Japan - sipping free Sapporo and binge watching films I had previously deemed unworthy for a real theater visit. 

But, I digress. You all didn't bother to open this defunct website to read a rambling gripe from this old toy maker.  You're here for the LUCKY BAGS! I'll babble a bit more after the bag info, so read on if you so desire.  Here's the goods:

2022 RAMPAGE LUCKY BAGS - releasing in the RAMPAGE TOYS webshop on Friday, 1/7/2022, at 11AM EST. 

This years bags will come in 3 varieties:

STANDARD RT LUCKY BAG:
8 (or more) Figures. 2 Mid/Standard sized figures and 6 other toys (sizes will vary). A mix of painted and unpainted figures. Some collabs in there. The GOODS!  $300 per bag

MICRO LUCKY BAG:
5 (or more) PAINTED figures. One robot or one Viking. One micro in plane or tank. 3 painted micros (plenty of unicorns and weirdos). $80 per bag

TINY LUCKY BAGS:
3 Painted Micros. Like playing the Gacha machine 3 times. $36 each

All bags will contain a wide array of figures from the now 11 year old pantheon of RAMPAGE characters!

As per usual, the bags are being sold on a pre-order basis. All bags will be prepared to ship in February (exact shipping date TBD). 

This year I will be providing bags to a few outlets in Asia. For locals in those areas, you can get bags from the shops listed below - to save on shipping and to support these shops that support me!

***For those of you in Hong Kong (and surrounding countries)- you can grab bags from Vintage Vinyl Club. These bags are similar to the ones I am selling, but different in their contents. VVC usually times their pre-order around the same time as mine, but best you keep an eye out on their site and social media for updates.

***For those of you in Macau (and surrounding countries) - you can grab bags from Sofubi Art Base. These are bags custom tailored to Sofubi Art Base. Please stay tuned to their social media for information on the release of their bags.

***For those of you in Taiwan - please stay tuned to @qingshi46 on instagram for some special micro bags (similar to my Tiny bags, but exclusive to their shop). I believe these will drop around Chinese New Year time.

That's all the information I have on that.  Thank you in advance to all who grab bags! They will be fun - I promise.


In unrelated news, social media is silly, and in the late Fall of 2021 I was made aware of the danger of relying on Instagram as my outlet for sharing updates about RAMPAGE. There was some bug - some insidious, unintentional and unseen technological malfunction - that blocked me me from posting any text or stories on the ol' gram.... I was lucky to be in touch with someone on the inside (thank you benevolent one!), but it still took weeks for the code people to figure out why I was blocked from participating in the internet banter functions of Instagram... Fortunately, in time, it was all made clear, and a fix was discovered! But it left me with a strange taste in my mouth. WHAT IF (a la those old Marvel Comics...) RAMPAGE could no longer post to Instagram? WHAT IF the 13K people who have deemed it worthy to follow me over the past 11 years of Instagramming could no longer follow me?  Honestly, I know the world would go on just fine - BUT I do plan on using my blog (THIS blog) again to share information about new figures, events and the like. And hopefully, with a bit of luck, this outlet proves to be just as reliably clunky, archaic and EASY as it always has. Fingers crossed!

-Jon
RT

No comments:

Post a Comment